AWA is a non-profit organization that focuses on advancing the promotion and support of women in the audiovisual sector. Albania Women in Audiovisual is a unique organization dedicated to creating a better work environment for women professionals by improving legislation, strengthening the capacities of women professionals on gender-sensitive topics, and empowering young audiences with media literacy skills.
In its mission to enhance diversity in media content, AWA has positioned itself as a feminist media hub. It develops media campaigns and produces content using ICT (Information and Communication Technology) as a key tool to connect with its audiences. This includes podcasts, edutainment, and social media content.
AWA is currently seeking an intern to engage on a part-time basis in its Tirana-based office:
This is an unpaid position for the period 15 October – 15 January 2024, with the opportunity for another three-month extension. The position foresees part-time engagement and working hours are subject to agreement with the candidate selected. The Intern will assist AWA overseeing daily social media and PR communication.
- Oversee daily messaging and outreach on AWA social media platforms in English and Albania to increase visibility of the organization’s work and its issues;
- Oversee daily content production in multiple languages
- Ensure daily monitoring, community management and engagement on AWA social media platforms;
- Ensure an increase AWA in social media audience;
- Highlight events and activities of AWA on social media;
- Monitor and use opportunities to tap into ongoing conversations, initiatives and campaigns;
- Provide regular analytics of social media outreach;
Required skills and qualifications:
- Generally pursuing undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent graduate; relevant degree programs might include but are not limited to journalism, PR and marketing or multimedia related area;
- Be willing to commit at least 20hours/week to their role;
- Excellent communication and research skills;
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with a team;
- Experiences with design tools like Canva/Photoshop
- Excellent written/spoken English and Albanian;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package;
- Enthusiastic about the use of new technology and social media;
- Has self-initiative and good advocacy skills;
To acknowledge the key role interns have in AWA as dedicated volunteers, we commit to offering the following benefits and opportunities:
- A certificate and/or letter of recognition from AWA upon successful completion of a 3-months internship.
- The opportunity for continued training and to receive direct mentorship from a AWA staff member.
- The opportunity to engage with diverse stakeholders, partners, and more.
Interested candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of required documents: September 30th, 2023
AWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.